Monday, November 5, 2012

I Remember the #5

I remember being 5 years old and all I wanted to do was play baseball.
I remember declaring 5 as my lucky number.
I remember believing that I rolled a lot of 5s while playing the dice game.
I remember refusing to play the dice game because it was was only luck if you won.
I remember being the 5th batter and hitting my first homerun. I missed third base...
I remember breaking 5 bones at once. I remember telling my coach to put me back in the game.
I remember the 5 times that I've ever cried past the age of 5; when I was raised to be stone cold.
I remember stealing 5 bubblegums from the store. The mother made me take them back.
I remember when bubblegum was only 5 cents.
I remember the 5 concerts I've been to.
I remember when I used to want to be a band whore for Nikki Sixx.
I remember all 5 bee stings that I've gotten in my life.
I remember the 5 hamsters I've owned. My dog slaughtered four of them, I accidently starved one.
I remember being 5 years old and living off Ramen. When I used to think I made thee best Ramen.

4 comments:

  1. 5 is my favorite number too:
    There are 5 letters in my first name,
    the first letter of my name is the 5th letter of the alphabet,
    I've lived in 5 different states,
    ect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "when I was raised to be stone cold."
    That was my favorite line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Ramen! I think we all lived off Ramen when we were little. And I plan to live off it again in my coming college years:)

    ReplyDelete