Monday, September 17, 2012

Addiction

I'm lying on my bedroom floor.
Searching for images imprinted in the ceiling.
My eyes unfocused; my thoughts blank and unheard of.
My body is motionless and pinned.
I am physically unable to force myself upward and walk a straight line.
I need to sleep to end this high.
It has gone for too long and lost its bliss.
I am drained.
I know this emptyness isn't worth the euphoric experience.
Or is it?
I am indecisive because I know I'll do it again.
This is my sickness.
The ugly forbidden disease that is slowly picking at the frayed edges of my life.
Eventually it will conquer me.
I tell myself it's gotten out of control.
But my senses tell me I don't care enough to stop.
My money, emotions, my lessening brain activity, are creeping into a deadly mouse trap.
I am enticed by this temptation at every corner.
Enslaved by this drugs shackles, I am ADDICTED.



4 comments:

  1. Chills and tears....that's what I got from this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting that you said money first

    ReplyDelete
  3. It made me question what it is that has you so addicted. I wondered if maybe your drug isn't a drug. It's mysterious. I like it.

    ReplyDelete